Fiction Writing..is it magic or logic..art or craft..inspiration or perspiration..gift or prize!
Demystify the process of story writing with practical techniques.
This Is An Era Where Creativity Rules!
This is a Writers’ Workshop that has…
- Innovative exercises for story building
- Radical techniques for plot development
- Practical solutions to writers’ block
- Dynamic methods for characterization
- A bold new approach to the imaginative side of the mind.
- A chance to get published in a forthcoming anthology.
Be ready for a guided roller-coaster through the amazing dreamscapes of your own ideas and words.
Chetaan Joshii is a Pune based author with a flair for fiction from the absurd to stark raving reality. He abandoned his career in IT after 12 years to take up writing as his primary profession. His penchant for creative experiments has made him write in almost every genre.
His recently published novella ‘Literally Yours’ (Co-authored with Asha Francis) is a tongue-in-cheek tale on the Indian English writing scenario. His earlier graphic book Animal Palette was received very well at the Jaipur Literature Festival 2012 and was nominated for Best Book and Best Writer at Comic Con 2012. His first book Blind Man’s Buff (Nov.2007, Reprint Mar. 2010) has received widespread international literary praise.
CockTale Carnival, his next collection of stories is soon to be published.
He has been trained by the British Council to teach creative writing.
He is a Visiting Faculty for Creative Writing and Screenplay Writing at Symbiosis Institute(SCMC-UG), Seamedu Institute, Indira School Of Mass Communication, SOFT – School Of Fashion Technology and MIT- ISBJ. He Conducts Writing Workshops with the British Library and Living Bridge .
What is Creativity?
- A ground-breaking algorithm
- A mesmerising musical
- A scintillating sketch
- A tantalizing dance
- An unforgettable story
- Become a value addition in every sphere of life – personal, social and professional.
- Rejuvenate the charismatic side of your personality
- Channelize your passion and convert your pastime into an enriching recreation.
- Open doors to proactive entertainment.
- Creativity is blessing given to a chosen few.
- It is a miraculous power that cannot be tapped by practical methods…
- Creativity is the domain meant only for the artistic mind…
- Creativity can be programmed.
- It is a powerful source of energy waiting to be tapped…
- Creativity has secret triggers that can bring out your hidden potential…
- It is meant for everyone who cares to explore…
- A Writerly Life- Understanding value of writing, sensing inner
creative rhythm.(Lecture & Interaction)
- Intro To Elements Of Writing – The Paragraph Vector, Idea, plot,
character, setting, style, Beginning-Middle-End. (Writing & Interaction)
- Elements of Story Designing
- Experiential Writing – Embarrassing/Shocking Incident with a
fictional ending in any genre. (Writing And Narration)
- Story Matrix – Elements Of Synopsis Writing. (Writing & Narration)
- Character Designing – Types, Character sketches,
Strengths/Flaws/Dreams & Quirks (Writing & Interaction)
- Assignment- Character Kidnapping – (Outdoor observation)
- Intro To Plot Theory (Lecture With Examples)
- Photo Story & The Chetan Bhagat Syndrome:
Rules For Writing Drama (Writing)
- The Curse Of O Henry (Discussion)
- Mystery Vs Suspense (Debate with Examples from Various Genres)
- Rules For Writing A Mystery:
Plot Designing With Props (Game, Writing and Interaction)
- Principles of Dialogue (Role Play in Fictional Situations)
- Assignment- Fictional Dialogue
6 - 14 July
10:00am to 05:00pm
Early Bird Offer: Rs.6550/-
(Offer Valid till 26th June)
Total Seats: 12