In Association with Screenwriters Association (SWA)
About Anjum Rajabali:
Anjum Rajabali is one of India’s best known screenwriters, with over ten feature film credits including Raajneeti, The Legend of Bhagat Singh and Ghulam. He wrote his first film Drohkaal in 1992, in collaboration with director Govind Nihalani. He’s mentored writers at many international script labs and has also been a script doctor and consultant to several well-known films. In 2004, he designed the Course in Screenplay Writing at FTII and in 2006 he set up the Screenwriting department at Whistling Woods, Mumbai. Anjum holds a Masters’ Degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Pune.
This workshop covers basics, and some specialized dimensions of screenwriting:
- One day of the basics of screenwriting. Thinking up PLOTS, discovering interesting, credible, empathetic CHARACTERS that breathe life into the plot. Giving an appropriate STRUCTURE to the screenplay. All this with the reference of great examples.
- One day dedicated to SCENE DESIGN & DIALOGUE. With the best story and the most wonderful characters, your script can fail if your scenes are flat and your dialogue unnatural. We look at wonderful scenes to learn how to write them.
- Half day of discussion on MYTHOLOGY, and how our two epics continue to influence modern Indian screenwriting.
- Half day dedicated to Joseph Campbell’s ‘HERO’S JOURNEY’ which offers a rich insight into the underlying structures and rhythms of all storytelling.
- And another half day on ADAPTATION – how to create strong screenplays from existing sources like novels, stories, plays. Again with reference to good examples.
- Two guest masterclasses. With SRIRAM RAGHAVAN (writer-director of Andhadhun) and with JUHI CHATURVEDI (writer of Piku, Vicky Donor).
- One session on PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE – contracts, fees, copyright, legal information, SWA’s role, etc.
7 - 15 Dec
10:00am to 05:00pm
(hours may extend)
Early Bird Offer: Rs.19000/-
(Offer valid till 27th Nov/ 6 seats)
Total Seats: 12