Back To All Workshops
Share This Workshop:
Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
- Sound cannot be taught only by lectures or theories but by practicing, listening and understanding it.
- Your mentor will guide you through the entire workshop using film clips, audio clips, live demonstrations and interactive lectures.
- Laptops/Computers and Headphones are recommended while attending the sessions.
- The Workshop will take place over 2 Weeks. The timings will be 18:00 to 21:00 IST with a small break.
COMPLETING THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU:
- Have better working knowledge of the subject which will allow you to confidently deal with Audio/Sound at all stages of Filmmaking.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Sound Design.
- Receive an e-Certificate on completion of the workshop (minimum 80% attendance).
This basics of sound design workshop will be roughly divided into 2 parts. To put it broadly, the first week will focus on the theory whereas the second week will focus on the practical.
The the first week will focus on establishing a firm understanding of sound through lectures, film clips, demos, and Q&A.
- Importance of Sound in Film and any other A/V medium (3hrs)
- Properties of Sound (Fundamental and Subjective) (3hrs)
- Sound and Techniques (6hrs)
- Introduction to Sound Designing (3hrs)
The above mentioned durations includes time for Q&A and depending on inputs by the participants we may go beyond the stipulated timing of the workshop.Week 2:
The second half will focus on understanding the practical application of the concepts learnt so far through analysis of great films and by doing exercises. Both of these tasks will require participants to commit time outside the duration of the workshop, so please plan for the same.
- Hands-on exercises
- Case study of films and analysis for sound
We expect you to continue analyzing films for sound as well as keep practicing the exercises that were taught even after the workshop has ended.
Important Notes and Requirements
- This being a course on sound please use headphones while attending.
- Ensure that the device you are attending from has a working webcam and microphone.
- This being a hands-on and interactive workshop, it may not always end on the given time.
- Workshop will consist of homework assignments and students will be expected to complete the same within the given time. This will require you to commit time outside the duration of the workshop, so kindly plan for the same.
- Please mention what you expect to gain out of this workshop and why you are attending in the registration form.
About the Mentor
Sound Mixer & Designer
Subhashis Roy graduated from the Film & television Institute of India (FTII) in Cinema with specialization in Film Sound.
Since then he has the experience of working in the Mumbai Film and TV Industry as a Production Sound Mixer and Designer for more than 13 years.
He has worked on several Documentary Films for Various Foreign productions and channels like Channel-4(BBC), Discovery Atlas, PBS(USA and Canada), AARTÈ(French German channel). And worked for various Award Winnig Indian documentary Films.
Are You Ready To Start?
Did this Workshop? Share your experience!
You might also be interested in these Workshops
This is a course for those of you who want to learn screenwriting and try writing a short film. We will understand the basics of screenwriting and attempt to understand the process of writing a short film.
Skill Level: Basic | 3 hours per Day
A short film appreciation course to Deconstruct, Understand, and Appreciate the Magic of Cinema; while learning about the spectacle, struggles, & power of this Art form.
10 Days – 3hrs per Day