Popular columnist, novelist, editor and counsellor, Gouri Dange has been working and playing with words for the last 20 years. Her writing workshops draw a range of participants, where the emphasis is on helping people find their writerly voice. She is the author of three novels, four books on parenting, a children’s book, a book on a tyrant dog, and is currently working on two more books. She teaches Creative Writing at FLAME University.
Basics of Creative Writing Virtual Workshop
Basics of Fiction and Non-fiction Writing by novelist and columnist Gouri Dange.
Whether you are a published or aspiring writer, or simply enjoy writing, this workshop or ‘Writer’s Gym’ will help the writer in you emerge stronger.
COMPLETING THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU:
- Understand your own writing aspirations
- Hone writing habits.
- Get started with your writing career.
- Receive an e-Certificate on completion of the workshop (minimum 80% attendance).
- Get into, and then past, the purely autobiographical
- Transform the personal into the universal
- Produce fictitious characters, relationships and events
- Depict human relationships in a layered way
- Plug into inter-disciplinary creativity
- Learn the interplay between creativity, inspiration and plain hard work
- Edit, rewrite, and evaluate your own work
- Build your vocabulary – working with words and making words work for you
- Reverse-engineer well-known stories and opinion pieces
- Write fiction, non-fiction and faction
- Play with various genres and learn to use the right one
- Pace oneself – quick turnover versus long projects in a writer’s repertoire.
- Understand the balance between writing ‘for myself’ and writing-to-order. The craft and commerce of writing.
- Learn about the writer’s juggle: of demands, realities, inspiration, bad days, good days; enabling and disabling situations and choices.
44 reviews for Basics of Creative Writing Virtual Workshop
41 Customer(s) recommended this item
Reviewed by 43 customer(s)
Basics of creative writing
It had been a great experience!
A very non judgemental attitude of the mentor is a real source of encouragement!!
Thanks 🙏2 December, 2021Verified Purchase
Creative Writing Workshop
I enjoyed the workshop very much. It was quite seamless in the way we worked through the four days. It was most enjoyable and Gouri Dange was a wonderful mentor.
Many thanks.17 August, 2021Verified Purchase
A Must for those interested in Creative Writing!
It seems that there is a writer within each one of us. But only a workshop like this one can culminate into the epiphany!
This workshop taught me to tap into those recesses of thinking that would actually lead me to write before it delved into the methods and manners of the art. In fact, the entire approach is systematic and sequential, which makes the learning process wholesome and engaging. To say the least, it leaves me with the right questions, finding the answers to which will be the journey forward.
Such a wonderful experience was possible only under the tutelage of Gouri Maam. The lucidity of her explanations and her insight into the art form are complementary and commendable. She inspires while she teaches.27 July, 2021Verified Purchase
There is no dout that this will be a good class for those who are just starting to write a fiction.Gauri mam presents very well.It was a good experience.26 July, 2021Verified Purchase
Its a great introductory workshop on creative writing and the creative process that goes behind creative and imaginative work. I thought it really made me think about the emotions and the visuals that my characters engender. I have always written in the flow without much of an outline or plan. This workshop really made me think about how to organize those thoughts. Gauri ma’am is very patient and encouraging of us novice writers. I wish living bridge starts an online group for young writers. Lovely workshop. Its impressive how effectively 4 days are used.26 July, 2021Verified Purchase