Share This Workshop:
Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Creative Writing..is it magic or logic..art or craft..inspiration or perspiration..gift or prize! Demystify the process of story writing with practical techniques in this 5 day (2 hours per day) long Creative Writing Workshop!
This is a Writers’ Workshop that has…
- Innovative exercises for story building
- Radical techniques for plot development
- Practical solutions to writers’ block
- Dynamic methods for characterization
- A bold new approach to the imaginative side of the mind.
- A chance to get published in a forthcoming anthology.
When you attend this creative writing workshop, be ready for a guided roller-coaster through the amazing dreamscapes of your own ideas and words.
COMPLETING THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU:
- Channelize your passion and convert your pastime into an enriching recreation or profession.
- Learn how to trigger your creativity and put it on paper.
- Learn and explore different forms of creative writing.
- Get started with your writing career.
- Receive an e-Certificate on completion of the workshop.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR:
This is a workshop about exploring your creativity through writing and it is open to everyone who cares to explore.
If you are below the required age, please check out our Creative Writing for Kids Workshop.
- A Writerly Life- Understanding value of writing, sensing inner
creative rhythm.(Lecture & Interaction)
- Intro To Elements Of Writing – The Paragraph Vector, Idea, plot,
character, setting, style, Beginning-Middle-End. (Writing & Interaction)
- Elements of Story Designing
- Experiential Writing – Embarrassing/Shocking Incident with a
fictional ending in any genre. (Writing And Narration)
- Story Matrix – Elements Of Synopsis Writing. (Writing & Narration)
- Character Designing – Types, Character sketches,
Strengths/Flaws/Dreams & Quirks (Writing & Interaction)
- Assignment- Character Kidnapping – (Outdoor observation)
- Intro To Plot Theory (Lecture With Examples)
- Photo Story & The Chetan Bhagat Syndrome:
Rules For Writing Drama (Writing)
- The Curse Of O Henry (Discussion)
- Mystery Vs Suspense (Debate with Examples from Various Genres)
- Rules For Writing A Mystery:
Plot Designing With Props (Game, Writing and Interaction)
- Principles of Dialogue (Role Play in Fictional Situations)
- Assignment- Fictional Dialogue
About the Mentor
Chetaan Joshii is a Pune based author with a flair for fiction from the absurd to stark raving reality. He abandoned his career in IT after 12 years to take up writing as his primary profession. His penchant for creative experiments has made him write in almost every genre.
His recently published novella ‘Literally Yours’ (Co-authored with Asha Francis) is a tongue-in-cheek tale on the Indian English writing scenario. His earlier graphic book Animal Palette was received very well at the Jaipur Literature Festival 2012 and was nominated for Best Book and Best Writer at Comic Con 2012. His first book Blind Man’s Buff (Nov.2007, Reprint Mar. 2010) has received widespread international literary praise. CockTale Carnival, his next collection of stories is soon to be published.
He has been trained by the British Council to teach creative writing. He is a Visiting Faculty for Creative Writing and Screenplay Writing at Symbiosis Institute(SCMC-UG), Seamedu Institute, Indira School Of Mass Communication, SOFT – School Of Fashion Technology and MIT- ISBJ. He Conducts Creative Writing Workshops with the British Library and Living Bridge .
What people are saying
“An interactive and enriching writing experience. What i learned from this workshop has helped me understand how i can pursue a creative life. Chetan sir is a charismatic and good teacher. Thank you Living Bridge!”
“Totally worth it. It brings out the inner artist in you and gives you a satisfaction that writing is a skill to be develop, not an in-born talent.”
“Great initiative. Very informative. Highly Recommended.
Anindya EkboteSoftware Engineer
Are You Ready To Start?
Did this Workshop? Share your experience!
You might also be interested in these Workshops
Blog and Content Writing
Blog and Content Writing
Skill Level: Basic | 2 hours per Day
8 Days | 4hrs per Day