While each participant may have very specific needs to put together such a book, the facilitator would show participants the pre-writing and writing tools needed for such a project. This would involve modules and exercises and timeframes on how to:
- Find and develop a theme for your particular cookbook-chronicle.
- Go about gathering material, sourcing stories, possibly letters, handwritten notebooks, and other material.
- Sequencing the text so that there is a pattern and not just a jumble of stand-alone recipes and stories.
- Finding the right tone and level of information, ensuring readability as well as ease of use.
- Learning to title and subtitle chapters, visuals, in an interesting, evocative way.
- Putting together a first draft and then edit your work further.
- Thinking visually to be able to work with a designer/photographer/artist.
- Generating an index, glossary, ingredient sources, and other garnishes for the reader.
- Creative funding and publishing options for your book project.
- Reading list of other similar books and blogs to browse.
By the end of the three days, participants will be able to build and finalize their specific, ready-to-
start cookbook project with workable timelines and deadlines.